Wednesday, March 2

little hands

Picture taken with my phone.  It's not a fancy phone, but it works in a pinch!
This afternoon Miss Pink and I found ourselves alone.  Mr. Blue had been kidnapped by his Nana and taken to the Aquarium.  Miss Pink and I discussed our options and decided that getting the oil changed in the car would be a good thing to do.  We drove to the Toyota dealership and handed over the keys.  The man told us it would be about 45 minutes to an hour.  I'm not sure about you, but waiting in a waiting room with a 3 year old for 45 minutes to an hour is not usually the funnest thing in the world.  We grabbed a little bag of popcorn and headed off to the wonderful world of Wal-Mart.

The walk there took us 7 minutes.  We stopped so that Miss Pink could have some popcorn, look at rocks, point out cool cars, etc.    Then she would take off running and would leap over all of the cracks in the sidewalk.  When we got to the store I asked her if she would like to ride in a cart.  (I didn't really want to carry her back to the dealership!)  She said, "No".  We made our way to the back of the store.  She saw the toy section and we wandered all over.  She would look at the toys very intently, point out any of the toys that she already had, and show me the neat colors on the boxes.  It was so fun to watch her and ask her questions about all of the things she was pointing out.

We made our way back to the front of the store, got a treat, and started our walk back.  Miss Pink slipped her little hand into mine and I realized how much I was enjoying this special time with her.  The air was warm, the wind a bit chilly, the conversation wonderful.  The walk back was way too short.  She would let go of my hand and run, then wait for me and hold hands with me again.  At one point I mentioned to her how much I liked holding her hand and that it fit so nicely in mine.  She said, "This hand (referring to the one I was holding) is not big.  This hand (holding up her other hand) is not big too, but it is bigger than my other hand."

Someday her hand will be as big, or bigger than mine.  When that day comes I hope she still enjoys going on walks with her mom, because I really, really enjoy going on walks with her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...