Friday, February 25

No Bake Cookies

 I went to a retreat a few months ago where I was able to learn how to "cook" raw food.  Three amazing women shared some of their recipes:  Raw Melissa, Green Smoothie Girl, and Gluten-Free Desi.  I ended up buying some of their cookbooks and am soooo glad that I did.  The recipes I have made have been delicious.  I was desperately in need of chocolate yesterday, so I whipped up some of these No Bake No Bakes from Raw Melissa's cookbook "FAVES".  They are so yummy, and taste so much like regular "cooked" no bake cookies.
Raw Melissa's No Bake No Bakes
makes 15-20 cookies

4 cups rolled oatmeal
1/2 cup almond butter (I used Kirkland organic peanut butter)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup agave
1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon salt

Mix by hand in a bowl.  Drop by spoonfuls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Put in freezer until hardened.  Eat and enjoy.

**Once mine were hard, I put them in a ziploc bag in the fridge.  Next time I might try mixing the dry ingredients together first and then adding the wet.

The kids like them too.  I have a hard time finding "healthy" snacks that they will eat.  Especially since we have eaten so much candy the past few weeks.  Hello!  Comfort food!  I think these will become a staple.

I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...