Wednesday, March 7

Flax Seed "Eggs"

I posted my favorite Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies a little while ago and they are still my favorite cookies (just ask my pants).
I was making them the other night and realized I was out of eggs.
Oh dear!  What was I to do?
Try them vegan style of course!
(apologies for the weird pic.  it was late.)
I pulled out my sprouted flax and gave it a go.
Guess what?  The cookies turned out better than I expected.
I couldn't tell a difference.

So how do you turn flax into eggs?
I'll tell you...

In a bowl whisk together:
1 tablespoon ground flax
3 tablespoons water
(This will equal 1 egg.)

Let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes,
until it has an egg-like consistency.

I stirred mine a few times while I was waiting.
I was verrrrry curious.

Why did I use sprouted flax?
It was 10:00 at night.
I was too lazy to pull out my flax seed and coffee grinder, although it probably would have taken about 16 extra seconds to do it that way.  :)

Give it a try.
I promise, you won't be able to tell a difference!



1 comment:

emily said...

I use ground flax in waffles a lot of the time. They are a not as fluffy, a little more dense, but just as good. I have to try these cookies, jeremy was raving about them when he and ben went snowboarding last month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...