Sunday, January 23

garage doors

We spent this evening at my in-law's celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday.  Mr. Blue has a cousin in town, so when it was time to go home, he decided to stay at his parent's house to catch up with his cousin.  No big deal, I thought, the kids will fall asleep in the car, I'll carry them up to their beds, then I'll have "me" time and life will be great.

I pull into the driveway after spending 30 minutes in the car with two little chatterboxes who said, "Hey Mommy?" followed by an assortment of really random questions.  The "fall asleep in the car" thing didn't go as well as I had hoped.  Back to the driveway...I pull into the driveway and the garage door goes up about 18 inches.  I close it and push the clicker again.  Same thing.  18 inches.  I try this about 10 more times and realize the stupid thing is not going to go up.  I get out of the car and go inside.  I go into the garage, pull the magic rope and the garage door slams to the ground.  I try to lift it up, several times, with no luck.  I push the garage door button to get it back on track and the stupid thing won't connect!  I bring the kids inside, call Ben and tell him it must be his fault the garage door won't open because he is not home, tell them to the kids to get ready for bed, park the car in visitor parking and run back to the house.

The kids must have sensed that I was about to LOSE IT! because I came in and they had gone to the bathroom, were (attempting) to floss their teeth, brushed, and hopped straight into their beds.  I sang them each a few songs and haven't heard a peep.  It's a good thing Mr. Blue's check was a little bigger than expected so that the little bit of money we planned on saving can go straight to fixing the garage door.  I guess looking at the bright side, we won't have to pull out of savings to fix the garage door, right?  I just hope we can get Mr. Blue's car OUT of the garage in the morning.

PS - I did apologize to Mr. Blue and I do realize that it was NOT his fault that the garage door would not open for me.

On a brighter note, the kids and I had a good morning getting ready for church.  Everyone got ready with a  smile and I knew where the car keys were (I searched for them for 15 minutes last Sunday causing us to be super late!!!). We were almost on time.  We are making really good progress.  By March we might even be there 5 minutes early, which is when I like to be to church.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

The good thing is that the spring didn't break while you were around to get hurt! Those things are dangerous!

Stephanie said...

Oh no! You should have called and had Matt try to help you. I'm sorry. Gosh, it seems like nothing is working right these days. Did someone put a curse on us? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...