Thursday, March 31

salad

Miss Pink eating her salad last summer.
She won't touch it now.
Yes, she has gone to bed hungry.
That's another post for another day.
Could the title of this post be any more boring?  I mean really, who titles a post "Salad"?  I guess I do.  Maybe that's because I'm in love with the stuff right now.  I eat it for lunch and have a huge mound of it on my plate at dinner time too.  Since I'm loving it so much, here's a recipe for my very favorite salad and dressing.  (We only use homemade dressing here.  Saves money and I know be-zactly what's in it.)

Everyday Salad
Spring Mix (from Costco)
Carrots, sliced
Avocado, diced
Dried Cranberries
Cucumber, sliced
Feta Cheese (optional)
Sunflower Seeds

In a bowl, or on a plate, place a large handful of salad.  Add as much as you want of the remaining ingredients (go easy on the cheese, please!).

Everyday Dressing
1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
4 tablespoons Maple Syrup (grade B)
1 Shallot or 1/4 onion
pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in blender.  Blend well.  Drizzle over salad.

Mmm.  I would go make myself some salad right now, but I just had some for lunch.  I feel bad just calling it "everyday salad".  Makes it sound so boring.  Maybe I'll think up a name with more pizazz.  Maybe.  Until then, just enjoy it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...