Sunday, April 10

journals

A few days ago I bought some notebooks to use as journals at Target.  They've been sitting on the stairs waiting to be written in since then.  My goal is to keep a journal for the kids - just jot down a few things that happen each day.  I used to do it for Mr. Orange, but it's been awhile.

Anyway, Mr. Orange got into the coordinating three pack and decided that one of them was his for his own personal use.  I really wanted it to stay in the set, not sure why, it's not like they will ever sit in the cute box they came in on my shelf!  I decided to let him keep it for himself.  (He told me that he really wanted to write the things that happened each day in it.)  He started right up.

His first entry:
I love Cheetos
(PS - I am not sure when he eats Cheetos.  He doesn't get them here.)

Another entry:
I don't like it when Miss Pink hits me.  It hurts.

All of it is written in his cute, nearly undecipherable kindergarten spelling.
I made the mistake of asking him if I could see what he had written.  I asked him to read it to me and he said, "No, you read it mom".  I tried really hard and when I asked him what one of the words was, he just looked at me and said, "Mom.  Why can't you read it?"  Me, "Uh...."

We went for a drive this evening and stopped at a park to let the kids play.  Mr. Blue and Mr. Orange are in Mr. Orange's room and he has filled up almost a full page writing about it.

I liked the park.
I liked the swings.
I liked the spinning things.

I like that he is excited to write in his journal.
I hope that he will continue.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...