Saturday, December 24

The 23rd

Tonight was the annual waffle breakfast with my side of the family.  We used to have it on Christmas morning, but all of our families have grown so much, that we have it a few nights before Christmas in my sister's clubhouse.  We had a great time at it visiting with family.  I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures!  I'll have to steal some from my dad since we could hear him saying, all night, "Where's my camera?  I need to get a picture of that!"  Mr. Orange ran all over the place with his cousins and completely wore himself out.  As soon as we walked in the house he walked upstairs and got straight into bed.  Poor guy!

Mr. Blue, Mr. Orange and I had to go without Miss Pink.  She had been invited to go to the Nutcracker with her Nana and Papa.  Miss Pink was so excited to get all dressed up for her big night out.  She told me earlier in the day, "I am so excited for my special time with Nana tonight!!"  Then she squealed and giggled.  I asked her if she thought it would be okay if Papa came too.  She thought about it for a second and then said, "Yes.  Papa can come too."  Phew!
We took a few pictures of Miss Pink while we waited for Nana and Papa to arrive.
 (She insisted on having the measuring tape in the picture too.  That's what I get for hemming my pants right before I take her picture I guess!)
photo by father-in-law
 When Miss Pink arrived home later that night she was pretty sleepy.
As I put her in bed she started telling me about a part of the ballet that she had liked.
"There was this lady with a big skirt.
{yawn}
And she was dancing around.
{another yawn}
{Miss Pink's eyes popped open really wide}
And then ALL of these children popped out from under her skirt!"
Then Miss Pink fell asleep.
photo by father-in-law
 The next morning we asked Miss Pink if she liked the ballet.
She said, "Oh, I almost started to cry I loved it sooooo much!"
photo by father-in-law
I am so glad that she enjoyed herself.
Thank you Nana and Papa for making her night magical.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

She looked pretty magical herself! What a beauty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...