Thursday, January 13

grouchy

Today started off great.  Then I started in on the checkbook this afternoon.  Guess what?  I haven't looked at the checkbook since the end of November.  (Not such a good thing, but I've been busy!  Lame excuse I know.)  There were so many entries to go through that I had to print everything off of the bank's website in a microscopic font.  I sat hunched over my checkbook for 3 hours.  At the end there was a big discrepancy, in my favor, but still, it was bothering me.  Went through pages and pages of the register to figure out where the errors were.  Found a few, but not enough.  The bank still says I have money that I can't account for.  I'll have to figure it out tomorrow.  Right now I feel like the guy above.  I am a total grouch.  My eyeballs hurt.  My head is about to explode.  My poor kids have been neglected all afternoon.  I guess I should make them some dinner now.  Why, oh why, does Mr. Blue have to be home late tonight?  Lesson learned.  Don't wait a month and a half to go through the checkbook.  I get it.

1 comment:

geri said...

I get kicks out of balancing my checkbook. And, oh, the frustration when it doesn't reconcile when I want it to.

Yeah for a bank error in your favor- hope you can find it and that it is STILL in your favor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...