Saturday, March 12

leaves

The kids have been playing outside every day the past few weeks.  When they come in they are covered from head to toe in leaves.  I haven't bothered to rake up the leaves because I sort of figured that the HOA would take care of that.  Well, I guess I was wrong because they have sat, untouched, in the backyard since they dropped off the tree several months ago.
The leaves were beginning to really bug Mr. Blue so he and the kids bought some rakes and went to work.
Both of the kids worked so hard, with huge smiles on their faces (okay, so Mr. Orange looks like he's about to fall over from exhaustion in the above picture...), loving every minute of helping their dad.

They filled up two garbage bags.  That may not seem like a lot to you, but our backyard is the size of a living room.  So it was a big deal to us.
My favorite part of the afternoon was watching them play games with Mr. Blue.  They played freeze tag and red light/green light for at least an hour.  (I was cleaning up the inside of the house while they played so I'd peek in on them.)  I loved hearing them laugh and squeal.

It's springtime.
It's time to get some projects started.
I have a (super long) list.
First up, fix the garden boxes, mix more soil, get a few more things planted.
Clean out the flower beds and plant pansies or something colorful that won't die when it decides to be winter for a week.
Start painting inside the house again.
I could go on and on and on and on and, well, you get the idea.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey, I was waiting on the HOA too. Darn. I guess I need to get out there and bag them up too. I can't believe your garden already has green in it. I need you to teach me some lessons.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...