Monday, March 14

news

I'm not sure where my kids came from today. They were so happy and helpful and they got along great with each other. This evening the kids colored while I read stories to them. I sang Mr. Orange a song and then sang to Miss Pink who fell asleep in my arms. (I love that. I keep thinking, "She's 3 1/2 now. What will I do when she's 7? Still rock her at night and hope that she falls asleep in my arms? Nah, that might be a little weird, but for now I enjoy it.") I left her room, folded some laundry and could hear Mr. Orange in his room. I walked past his room on my way downstairs and he was coloring away.

He colored for the next 2 1/2 hours. He was the mailman and delivered several really nice letters to Mr. Blue and me. (Mine had hearts on it and said, "I love you every single day".)

Around 10:00 he came downstairs and looked at me with wide eyes. "Mom," he said, "I have some good news and some bad news."
Me: Why don't you give me the bad news first.
Mr. Orange: The bad news is that me and Miss Pink's night lights burned out. The good news is that I am going to bed right now.

As soon as he said his good news he turned around and flew up the stairs. He came down two more times so that he could put new lightbulbs in the night lights. As soon as those were taken care of, he went upstairs and went to sleep. I came up just now to write this and he has signs all over his door. I'm going to have to have him interpret them tomorrow for me.

PS...I Just checked on the kids and Mr. Orange plugged in his night light right next to his bed. Miss Pink's is plugged in right where she likes it. When I went to give her a goodnight kiss I noticed something...
I can't wait to see what he drew for her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...