Friday, March 11

sleepover

Last night Mr. Orange and his cousin, D, had a sleepover.  They played outside all afternoon (don't you love the weather right now??), helped me make pizza (a near disaster since I experimented with the dough...what else is new?), ate zucchini cake, then watched a movie and ate popcorn.  After the movie it was time for bed.

Mr. Orange and D talked and giggled.  Miss Pink was up and down the stairs - not unusual.  About 30 minutes later I couldn't hear the boys anymore.  Miss Pink had come downstairs so I took her back to her room, tucked her in and decided to check on the boys.

I flipped on the hall light and blasted D's eyeballs with the bright light.  I helped him lay down in his sleeping bag and asked him if he was having a hard time falling asleep.  He said, "Well, I'm trying to play games with Mr. Orange, but he won't play with me!"  I answered, "Mr. Orange is asleep.  That's why he isn't playing games with you."  That seemed to make sense to him and he went to sleep a little while later.

1 comment:

kellie said...

I love that boy - maybe that is what he is trying to do with me when he wakes up at 4 am....hmm...
Thanks for hosting. D had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...