Thursday, May 19

"ice cream" smoothie

For the past several months weeks Mr. Orange has refused to drink his green smoothie in the morning.  We've tried all sorts of stuff to get him to drink it, but then I decided to give him some time.  He still had to have a huge bowl of fruit with his breakfast and I figured that since he snacks on fruits and will eat his salad at dinner, that not having a smoothie in the morning wasn't going to kill him.

The other day I came home from a run and both kids were so excited.  Dad had made them an "ICE CREAM" smoothie!  I thought that it actually contained ice cream because Mr. Blue will put a huge squirt of whipped cream on top of their smoothies to get them to drink it (yes, I just about pass out on the floor when he does that!!!).  They all promised me that there wasn't any ice cream or whipped cream in it.

That night they begged me to make one for their dinner.  They told me everything that went in it.  Then they both guzzled down a few cups of it.  The next day they ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I had a taste of it and it is delicious.

Ice Cream Smoothie
1 cup water
1 banana
1 orange
7-8 strawberries (use more if they are small, ours are really big right now)
1 - 1 1/2 cup mixed berries
1 cup blueberries
1-2 handfuls spinach (you could add more for sure!)

Blend and enjoy.  

This smoothie should be thick.  It's ice cream!

To find out more about green smoothies go here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...