Monday, May 16

mango peach smoothie

Today is Day 16 of the Green Smoothie Detox.
I am supposed to drink green smoothies for every meal for 7 days.

Last week I didn't follow the menu plan very well.
Several of my smoothies were disgusting not the best.

It's hard not to eat the dinner you are making for your family when the meal you are supposed to be eating makes your stomach turn.
Needless to say, I ate several meals with my family, including a Pei Wei salad with chicken on it Saturday night.  Oh and pizza Friday night, cookies and lots of cookie dough on Thursday, on and on and on.
I should have at least taken the chicken off, and I did pick most of it off, but boy did it taste good.
The lettuce wraps I scarfed down tasted even better.
I even shared a candy bar with Mr. Blue while we watched a movie.
Ten days ago I said I had not completely fallen out of the wagon, this week I got pretty beat up trying to get back IN the wagon.

I was bound and determined to finish this detox off strong and to shrug off my bad habits for ONE WEEK!
Yesterday the smoothies sounded pretty good, much better than what I had been drinking, so I had some hope.
(I looked ahead and they all look pretty good this week.  Yeah!)

I asked Mr. Blue to pick up some bananas on his way home Saturday night and said, "Will you please get me some that ARE NOT green?  They need to be ripe."
What did he bring home?
GREEN BANANAS!!!
So I had to improvise a bit.

I have to say improvisation can be a great thing, and yesterday was no exception.
So here you go, another scrumptious green smoothie.
(By the way, you should really be letting me know if you like them or not!)

I will be strong this week.
So far, so good.

Mango Peach Smoothie

2 (ripe) bananas
1 mango
1 cup frozen peaches, or 1 fresh peach
1 cup mixed berries
3-4 handfuls (don't be a sissy about your handfuls!) spinach
1 cup water

Blend and enjoy.

PS - do you like my new blender cup???  Mr. Blue gave it to me for Mother's Day.  I love, love, love it!!!  I think I have used it 35 times since Mother's Day.

For more green smoothie goodness click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...