Friday, December 16

Parsley Berry Smoothie

image from web
It's been awhile since I have posted a smoothie recipe, so for your blending and slurping pleasure, here's another one of my favorites.  You might be a little nervous when you see the ingredients, but I promise it's delicious.  It tastes so fresh and is a great way to start the day.  I will warn you to put on a sweater
when you drink it.  Parsley has a cooling effect and my teeth are usually chattering away by the time I finish my quart of it.

Parsley Berry Smoothie
{printable recipe}

1-2 cups water (less if using fresh ingredients, more if using frozen)
2-3 ripe bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 BIG handful parsely
3-4 leaves of kale
1 tbsp sprouted flax seed (optional)

Blend water and greens together then add the rest of the ingredients.  Makes about a quart of green smoothie.

Note:  I grew Lacinato kale and flat and curly leaf parsley in my garden this year.  At the end of the summer I washed the kale, cut it up and put it in gallon freezer bags.  I put about 1-1 1/2 cups of it in my smoothie.  I cut down the parsley at the end of the summer as well and mixed types together in gallon bags.  I break a nice-sized chunk of it off to put in my smoothie.  If you have a nice ripe banana (yellow with a few small brown spots) you can get away with less banana and it will still be sweet.

Enjoy!!

For more information on why I drink green smoothies go here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...