Friday, January 27

Berry-Coconut Green Smoothie

My kids have been asking for this smoothie ALOT lately.  I must admit, it's pretty tasty.  I don't really like it for breakfast, it can be a bit sweet for me, but I do like it for a snack in the afternoon.  Miss Pink wanted me to make her one for lunch (how could I say no??)
I must say that I was pretty shocked when Miss Pink started to eat the strawberries BEFORE they went in the smoothie.  The girl thinks that she is allergic to fruits and veggies and will only eat them in a smoothie.  Hmmm, maybe she is remembering that she actually likes strawberries???  Maybe.
 For your slurping pleasure, here is the recipe.  It was inspired by a recipe I found in this book.  I highly recommend it.

Berry-Coconut Green Smoothie
1 cup coconut milk (the kind in a carton, NOT a can)
1-2 generous handfuls of spinach
1 ripe banana
3-5 strawberries, with leaves on
1 cup frozen blueberries

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.  If smoothie is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.

(Note:  If you are using a standard blender, blend the spinach and milk first until smooth, then add the fruit.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...