Friday, March 30

Square Foot Garden Boxes - Round Two

I was back at it again today, I just can't get enough digging in right now.  Don't mind the weeds growing in the rocks.  Those will be gone soon.  I sprayed them with vinegar while I was out there.  While the kids and I were planting we decided to do some experimenting with the space that we have.  I have crowded seeds and plants into every nook and cranny that I can.

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the plants and seeds that I added today are in a larger font.
I planted most of my seeds on the 16th, you can read about it here.  Below I will list what I planted today.  I'll use the same format as before and list the vegetable planted and the amount of plants per square.
In my previous post about my 2012 garden, this was the box on the right.
**Second Row L-R**
Premium Crop Broccoli - 1 with Detroit Beets - 12
I am experimenting and I needed some more room for beets, so we'll see how it goes!  I planted the beets around the outside edges of the square.
Yellow Sweet Spanish Onions - 16, grown from sets

**Third Row**
Red Onions - 16, grown from sets
Red Onions - 8
Another experiment.  Trying them in the corners with Kale.  It will be interesting to see who wins.

**Fourth Row**
Red Cabbage - 1
Premium Crop Broccoli - 1 with Chioggia Beets - 12
**Second Row**
Little Gem Lettuce (from old seed packet) - 4
Red Onions
Red Onions - 4 and Walla Walla Onions - 4

**Third Row**
Walla Walla Onions - 16
Premium Crop Broccoli - 1 with Early Wonder Beets - 12

**Fourth Row**
Red Cabbage - 1
Imperator - 8, Carnival - 8, and Purple Carrots - 4

I like how tidy my garden looks right now.  By midsummer I get tired of the jungle and start pulling things out.  You have been warned.  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...