Friday, May 11

He Knows Me

Do you ever have times in your life where you feel like you just.cannot.take.one.more.thing?  Well, I have been feeling that way for the past few weeks.  I had been getting pretty snippy, negative, and downright grumpy.  Yesterday afternoon was super-busy and I was looking forward to going to our Stake's Women's Conference - until Mr. Blue got stuck in traffic.

He called to let me know that he would be late, and being the understanding wife that I am I bawled into the phone and said, "Why are you always late when I need to get to something that is important to me?"  Bawl.Bawl.Bawl. (Sometimes I am so mature I astound myself.)  After I hung up the phone I realized how silly I was being.  The only thing I was going to be late for was the dinner.  I would be there in plenty of time for the speakers.

I am so grateful that I went.  Each of the speakers had something to say that I felt was meant just for me.  I had been praying for certain things and I felt like my prayers were answered. My spiritual cup was running over by the time I left.  Earlier in the day, Miss Pink and I sat on the couch reading The Friend.  There was a quote in it by President Monson that said, "There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow.  But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven on earth."  I love that.  It was another answer to prayer.  My home cannot be a bit of heaven on earth unless I try.

I am grateful that Heavenly Father knows me.  He knows me personally and he loves and cares about me - enough to have answered my prayers in so many ways.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

I'm glad you made it, too! You are a great mother and wife and I feel the spirit whenever I've been in your home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...